Luang Prabang & Vientaine Along Mekong River 4 Days
Duration: 4 days 3nights
Tour Type: Private Tour
Destinations: Luang Prabang, Ban Chan, Kwangsi, Pak Khone, Xayabouly, Paklay, Vientiane
Timeless beauty and life in a slow pace is one thing, the world heritage town of Luang Prabang another. All connected with the mysterious Mekong river this short exclusive sightseeing tour combines the greatest cultural and nature highlights in just 5 days. Start at the Thai - Lao border and ending in Vientiane it gives a short but intense impression of what is Laos...the warm heart of Indochina
- Cruise the majestic Mekong in a private boat
- Landscapes, villages and life on the river banks
- Luang Prabang World Heritage town
- Lao history, culture and Buddhism
- Capital on the Mekong, Vientiane
Itinerary in brief
Luang Prabang Arrival
Luang Prabang - Ban Chan - Kwangsi Waterfalls
(B, L, D)
Kwangsi - Pak Khone - Xayabouly – Paklay
Pak Lay - Vientiane
Data not found in this time.
Arrive at Luang Prabang airport, transfer to the hotel for relax.
Visit Luang Prabang highlights, take visits to Royal Palace, Wat Pa Houak with its very beautiful eighteen century paintings restored recently by a Chiang Mai University''s team. Continue the visit of Wat Xiengthong , the most beautiful temple of Luang Prabang and visit of the" Heritage House", a very beautiful former wooden aristocratic mansion restored by UNESCO. Enjoy welcome dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight stayed in Luang Prabang.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Luang Prabang
Your tour guide for today will warmly welcome you at your hotel in Luang Prabang for your trip to Ban Chan pottery village and one of the most striking waterfalls in the area surrounding Luang Prabang, Kuang Si. We first cross the Mekong River by boat, to the picturesque village of Ban Chan, a pottery village. We then visit the morning Phousi Market, where you will see such diverse offerings as dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, vegetables and hill-tribe weavings. Laos is also known for its traditional crafts, and today you will visit local villages of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay, a Hmong village, Ban Ou a Laoloum village and Ban Thapene, a Khmu village. This then takes us to the beautiful Khuang Si Waterfall where you can cool off with a refreshing swim in the pools or walk along the forest trails. Free at leisure. Dinner served & overnight stayed at Vanvisa at the Fall Lodge.
Accommodation: Vanvisa at the Fall Lodge
After breakfast, then we will take a long trip to Paklay. On the way we will stop at Pak Khone then have a lunch on the boat before continue to Xayabury. Along the trip you will find a beautiful landscape which plenty of forest and animals. Overnight stayed in Paklay.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Paklay
A relaxing boat ride on the Mekong River with scenic views of Thailand and Laos brings you back to Vientiane. This part of the Mekong River is the natural border between the two countries. Then, drive you to your hotel in Vientiane. End of services.
Tour price includes
- Transportation in private air-conditioned car
- Accommodation in hotels (twin shared)
- Private boat trip on Mekong
- English or French speaking guide
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- Meals: B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner
- Gov’t tax and service charge
- Luggage handing
Tour price excludes
- Domestic Air Ticket Luang Prabang - Vientiane
- International air tickets to/from Laos/Thailand
- Visa stamping fee on arrival US$30,-/pax (depending on nationality)
- Departure airport tax US$10,-/pax
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Meals: if not mentioned in itinerary
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses and others not stated
- Single Room surcharge on request
From: $200 /pax
- There are 5 people in my group, how will you arrange cabins/hotels for us
- When the low water season in Mekong
- Any cruise crossing border between Laos and Cambodia
- When is the best time to take cruise in Mekong River
- Is it safe to travel on Mekong River?
- It shown up the different cruise to the one I have booked, what'd happened
- Why others on the same cruise paid and get the different services and prices to us