Phnom Penh to Siem Reap Tour 3 days
Duration: 3 days 2nights
Tour Type: Private Tour
Destinations: Phnom Penh, Kratie, Kampong Thom , Siem Reap
Immerse yourself in the cultures of Cambodia on a 3-day tour through these beautiful destinations. Admire the French-style architecture of Phnom Penh and pay your respects with a visit to the Killing Fields. Explore Kratie, the stretch of the river around Kratie town is home to a group of rare sweet water Irrawaddy dolphins. Then head to Kampong Thom, and tour the breathtaking scenery around the banks of the Stung Saen River before finishing up in the world heritage site of Siem Reap.
- Discover Phnom Penh city, the capital of Cambodia. The city is spread out on the banks of two rivers.
- Experience rural Cambodian life on river banks
- Tour the infamous Killing Fields
- Swim in the pools of the waterfall
- Shop up a storm at the Market and craft villages
- Temple hop through the world-famous Angkor complex
Itinerary in brief:
Phnom Penh – Kratie
Kratie – Kampong Thom
Kampong Thom – Siem Reap
Data not found in this time.
In the morning, take journey by road along National Road #7 to Kratie. Arrive at Kratie around noon time. Have a hotel check–in and lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, visit the 100 column pagoda in Phnom Sambok district. After the first 9km you will pass Thma Kreae, a village particularly famous for its sticky rice in bamboo or krolan. Nearby, Phnom Sambok is a tall hill with a pagoda on top. We will climb up the hill (steep, but with stairs) and take a look at the interesting variety of sculptures and paintings. We will also take in the beautiful views of the lands and waters that surround the hill. On the way back, observe the rare Irrawaddy fresh water dolphins at Kampi (by chance only). This is one of the many deep pools where the rare river dolphins gather to feed. We board a local boat and cruise out into the mighty Mekong for a chance encounter with these gentle mammals. As the boat drivers turn off their engines in the feeding area so as not to scare the dolphins, this trip is not only an encounter with rare creatures, but also a very pleasant, quiet float along the river. Overnight stayed in Kratie.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Kratie
Breakfast at the hotel, farewell Kratie and drive southward. En-route visit Chhlong, a small town with many French colonial houses that are among the most beautiful in Cambodia. Drive further to Kampong Cham. Lunch at a local restaurant and explore around this provincial town of Kampong Cham and its market.
Continue to Kampong Thom and enjoy seeing the countryside of Cambodia. Overnight stayed at Kampong Thom.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Kampong Thom
Breakfast at your hotel, visit one of the most important pre-Angkorian site - the Sambor Prei Kuk, built during the Chenla period between the 6th and 7th century with over 100 well-preserved temples scattered throughout the forest. The seven villages around the temples still practice ancient craftsmanship of bamboo and rattan making. Enjoy your tasty lunch, prepared by the local community. Continue further to Siem Reap and check in at your hotel for a short break.
In the late afternoon, experience a unique opportunity to visit the magnificent Angkor Wat on a typical Cambodian Tuk Tuk. Built by King Suryavarman II in early 12th century, Angkor Wat is one of the major highlights of Southeast Asia and constructed following the design of the Hindu temple mountain symbolizing Mount Meru, home of the Hindu gods. The walls inside the temple are covered with stone carvings and bas-reliefs depicting Hindu mythology and the battle Suryavarman II fought during his reign. There are over 2,000 beautiful Apsara dancers decorating the temple. You will be at the Angkor Wat during the sunset. End of the services.
Tour price includes
- Accommodation in twin or double sharing
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English-speaking local guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Boat trips as indicated in itinerary
- Daily drinking water and cold towels
Tour price excludes
- Visa for Cambodia (Visa issued on arrival USD20 per person, with 1 passport photo).
- Other meals than mentioned
- International and Domestic Flights
- Camera/video entrance fees
- Personal expenses (drinks, laundry, telephone, tips etc)
- Travel insurance including recommended helicopter evacuation for Cambodia
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
- We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- It is recommended especially for travelers to Cambodia to have a travel insurance covering also the cost of medical evacuation flights.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find out other possibility/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid as many important changes as possible.
- There are 5 people in my group, how will you arrange cabins/hotels for us
- When the low water season in Mekong
- Any cruise crossing border between Laos and Cambodia
- When is the best time to take cruise in Mekong River
- Is it safe to travel on Mekong River?
- It shown up the different cruise to the one I have booked, what'd happened
- Why others on the same cruise paid and get the different services and prices to us