Southern Laos to Siem Reap 8 Days
Duration: 8 days 7nights
Tour Type: Private Tour
Destinations: Pakse, Champassak, Vat Phou, Huei Thamo, Oum Muong Temple, Khong Island, Don Khone, Pha Pheng, Stung Treng, Kratie, Chhlong, Kampong Cham, Kampong Thom, Luang Prabang, Khouangsi, Siem Reap
Journey along the Mekong River as it winds its way from the southern islands of Laos into the temple-rich countryside of Cambodia. Interact with the locals, learn about their culture and enjoy the beautiful scenery as travel on quiet country roads and through small villages during this Laos and Cambodia package tour. Along the way, partake in sustainable tourism projects and support charity-run restaurants to help improve the lives of the locals. Leave the buzz of Bangkok behind or take a domestic flight from Vientiane and take a step back in time as you enter Southern Laos. Travel to Pakse - the capital and most populous city in the southern province of Champasak - as your base for your Laos exploration. Visit Wat Phou, a three-tiered temple that rises up dramatically from the rice paddies, a memorable highlight of this Laos and Cambodia tour. Explore the area known locally as Siphandon, which literally means 'Four Thousand Islands' and embrace the natural beauty of Xe Pian National Protected Area. This section of Laos is filled with small, villages and quiet roads where the biggest road hazards are likely to be water buffalos and chickens. As you cross in to Cambodia, marvel at the plethora of temples and wildlife encountered along the way. You may even spot an endangered Irrawaddy dolphin near the town of Kratie. Arriving in Siem Reap, you reach your ultimate reward: Angkor Wat. Although the entire journey is filled with breathtaking sites and scenery, words cannot describe the grandeur of this magnificent temple. Immerse yourself in nature and culture on this Laos and Cambodia package tour, going to the heart of these spectacular countries.
- Enjoy journey along the Mekong River from the Southern Laos to Siem Reap
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery as travel on quiet country roads and through small villages
- Have chance to support sustainable tourism projects and charity-run restaurants
- Visit a three-tiered temple that rises up dramatically from the rice paddies
- Embrace the natural beauty of Xe Pian National Protected Area.
- Marvel at the plethora of temples and wildlife encountered along the way.
- Immerse yourself in nature and culture on this Laos and Cambodia package tour
Itinerary in brief
Day 1: Pakse Arrival
Day 2: Pakse – Champassak – Vat Phou Enbarkation (B, L, D)
Day 3: Huei Thamo - Oum Muong Temple - Khong Island (B, L, D)
Day 4: Don Khone - Pha Pheng Waterfall – Stung Treng (B, L)
Day 5: Stung Treng – Kratie (B, L)
Day 6: Kratie – Chhlong – Kampong Cham – Kampong Thom (B, L)
Day 7: Luang Prabang – Khouangsi Waterfall - City Tours (B, L)
Day 8: Siem Reap Departure (B)
Data not found in this time.
10:00 (Optional embarkation at your riverside hotel in central Bangkok.)
12:00 Arrive at Suan Thip Restaurant, Pak Kret for a complementary Thai lunch.
13:15 Board ‘Montha’ and depart Suan Thip for the island of Koh Kret.
13:30 Arrive Koh Kret for a tour of the island. (Weekdays: Cycling tour on request).
14:30 Depart Koh Kret for Samkhok.
17:00 Arrive Samkhok (Mon Settlement).
17:20 Depart for Bang Sai.
17:40 Arrive at Piyavan Resort.
18:00 Sunset cocktails; either on deck or in the air-conditioned lounge.
18:30 Depart for ‘Krua Rim Nam Tai Koh’ Restaurant.
19:00 Thai dinner selected from the menu of the ‘Krua Rim Nam Tai Koh’ Restaurant.
20:30 Return to Piyavan Resort. (Overnight)
Accommodation: Montha cruise
08:00 Full western breakfast of your choice.
09:00 Depart Piyavan Resort for the Royal Thai Folk Arts & Crafts Centre at Bang Sai.
09:30 Arrive at Bang Sai (Visit the Traditional Village and Folk Art Centre).
10:45 Depart Bang Sai for Bang Pa-in.
12:00 Arrive at Ayutthaya Garden River Home Resort & Spa for a pre-selected lunch.
(The itinerary can be adjusted to include an optional Traditional Thai Massage.)
13:00 Depart for Bang Pa-in Summer Palace.
13:20 Arrive at Wat Nivet and the Bang Pa-in Summer Palace.
15:00 Depart Bang Pa-in for Ayutthaya.
16:15 Arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ayutthaya. (Commence a cruise past the principal riverside attractions).
17:00 Arrive at Wat Phananchoeng or your riverside accommodation.
17:30 Travel to the ‘Elephant Kraal’ on the Lop Buri River.
19:00 Depart on an evening dinner cruise featuring selections from the menu of the Ayotthaya Riverside Hotel.
20:30 Return to Ayutthaya.
Tour price includes
- English Speaking Guide.
- Accommodation in twin/double sharing room.
- Meal as indicated (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Diner)
- All transfers in private car/ van/ bus
- Boat cruise as indicated
- Entrance fees and permits during guided time.
- Service charge & Government taxes
Tour price excludes
- Meals not indicated
- Visas and visa arrangement
- Personal travel insurance (Compulsory).
- Personal expenses such as Bar, Telephone and Laundry bills.
- Tips and gratuities
- Visa on arrival for Laos, Thailand and Cambodia
- All International and Domestic air tickets with airport and departure taxes
From: $174 /pax
From: $200 /pax
4 days 3nights
- There are 5 people in my group, how will you arrange cabins/hotels for us
- When the low water season in Mekong
- Any cruise crossing border between Laos and Cambodia
- When is the best time to take cruise in Mekong River
- Is it safe to travel on Mekong River?
- It shown up the different cruise to the one I have booked, what'd happened
- Why others on the same cruise paid and get the different services and prices to us