Chiangrai to Luang Prabang 4 Days
Duration: 4 days 3nights
Tour Type: Private Tour
Destinations: Chiangrai,HoueiSay, Pakbeng, Pak Ou Cave, Luang Prabang, Khouangsi Waterfall
Way beyond Luang Prabang is a luxury overnight journey from Thailand to Luang Prabang that gives you a close look at village life along the Mekong River as well as some spectacular scenery. You may also reverse this itinerary and commence your journey in Luang Prabang and cruise upstream. You must spend at least one night in Chiang Rai or HoueiSay before the trip because you need to travel early on the morning of departure to nearby Chang Khong, pass through Thai immigration formalities, cross the Mekong River to Houey Say, formally enter Laos, and find your way to the boat. This program includes private transportation from Chiang Rai to Houey Say with a guide who will help you deal quickly with the red tape, assist you and your luggage across the river, and find your way to the boat. The overnight stop is in Pakbeng, where you stay in a luxury eco-resort overlooking the river. The boat makes several stops along the way to visit picturesque villages, where you will have time to visit rural markets and meet the local people. You will also make a quick stop at the Tham Thing Caves to see the thousands of Buddha statues that have been left there over the last century.
We offer three different options at the beginning of the trip. You can travel from Chiang Mai to either Chiang Ray by road with our private car, driver and guide, spend one or more nights there, and enjoy local sightseeing and nightlife. The trip from Chiang Mai is identical to the Chiang Rai & the North trip. You can also drive directly to Chiang Khong and spend the night before the cruise departs there. If you have already visited Chiang Rai or do not wish to spend much time there, you can fly from Bangkok to Chiang Rai (there are no flights from Chiang Mai) any time on the day before the river trip and we will provide airport transportation and accommodation. You can add local sightseeing, including a trip to the Golden Triangle, if you stay two or more nights.
- Have a look at village life along the Mekong River with some spectacular scenery.
- Enjoy a luxury eco-resort overlooking the river in Pakbeng
- Visit picturesque villages with rural markets and meet the local people.
- Have sightseeing the thousands of Buddha statues that have been left there over the last century in the Tham Thing Caves
- Explore the Luang Prabang countryside with visits to beautiful waterfalls and ethnic minority villages.
- Enjoy a delicious picnic meal in the tranquil surroundings.
- Explores the rich culture and history of Luang Prabang
Itinerary in brief:
Chiangrai – HoueiSay – Pakbeng
Pakbeng – Pak Ou Cave – Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang – Khouangsi Waterfall - City Tours
Luang Prabang Departure
Data not found in this time.
This morning you have an early morning transfer from the airport to Chiang Khong, the exit point from Thailand. After passing through immigration, you cross the Mekong River to HoueiSay in Laos where your Lao guide will wait with a SHOMPOO CRUISE sign from 8:30 AM in front of the Lao immigration office. After having completed the VISA procedure, we will go to the Houay Xay boat pier by tuk tuk. Then, you will embark for the first time on one of our luxury boats for the Mekong downstream cruise. On the way, the boat will take its first stop in Pak Tha, to have necessary boat documents signed. The second stop will be to visit a Hill tribe village along the Mekong River. Our guide will explain the way of living and the origins of these rural populations. Lunch is served on board, and during the afternoon, you will be free to relax and taste local flavors with seasonal snacks and drinks. The boat will arrive in Pakbeng before sunset, where you will retreat to your accommodation for the night.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: A hotel in Pakbeng
At 08:00 AM, the boat leaves Pakbeng. Use your free time in the morning for asking some questions about Luang Prabang and Laos to our guide. Lunch is served on board. In the afternoon, we will make two stop. First, we will visit the famous Pak Ou Caves (Tham Ting) and its thousands of Buddha images. The second stop will be at the Lao Lao village, commonly known as the Whisky Village. In there, the guide will provide information about the locally made rice whisky, and you will have the chance to taste it if you wish. You will also have time to enjoy the charm of this small and authentic village, its temple and local artisans. You will be served a typical snack and drink on board in the afternoon. We will arrive in Luang Prabang around 04:30pm. Transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Accommodation: A hotel in Luang Prabang
We are exploring, Wat Visoun, Wat Khili and Wat Mai. Later, visit the former Royal Palace, now a National Museum where you will find ornate, gilded and brocaded reception rooms, as well as Buddha and Atacular artifacts including the Prabang, a large holy image, which was given in the 14th century by the Khmers to King Fa Ngum. At sunset climb the nearby temple-topped hill of Phousi where you'll catch a lovely view out over the town and the river. We have an excursion out the town to experience local lifestyle of Luang Prabang Villages and most beautiful waterfall in Luang Prabang. On the way, visit Phosi Market, where you will see such diverse offerings as dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, vegetables and hill-tribe weavings. Laos is also known for its traditional handicrafts, and continues visit local village of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay and Ban Thapene and the weaving village of Ban Phanom. Time permitting you may also wish to drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can splash around in the pools or walk along the forest paths. Return to Luang Prabang city by late afternoon and visit Street Night Market, where you can find the lovely collection and handmade textile by local and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Overnight stayed in Luang Prabang.
Accommodation: A hotel in Luang Prabang
After breakfast, we are strolling around and visit the Silver smith’s and the Central Market are not to be missed. Transfer to airport for flight departure
Tour price includes
- English Speaking Guide.
- Accommodation in twin sharing room.
- Meal as indicated (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Diner)
- All transfers in private car/ van/ bus
- Boat cruise as indicated
- Entrance fees and permits during guided time.
- Service charge & Government taxes
Tour price excludes
- International Airfares.
- International departure tax
- Meals not indicated
- Visas and visa arrangement
- Personal travel insurance (Compulsory).
- Personal expenses such as Bar, Telephone and Laundry bills.
- Tips and gratuities
- We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- There are 5 people in my group, how will you arrange cabins/hotels for us
- When the low water season in Mekong
- Any cruise crossing border between Laos and Cambodia
- When is the best time to take cruise in Mekong River
- Is it safe to travel on Mekong River?
- It shown up the different cruise to the one I have booked, what'd happened
- Why others on the same cruise paid and get the different services and prices to us