Saigon & Phnom Penh Tour 3 Days
Duration: 3 days 2nights
Tour Type: Private Tour
Destinations: Saigon, Cai Be, Can Tho, Chau Doc. Phnom Penh
Immerse yourself into the daily life of Mekong delta and end in style in Cambodia’s capital city. On the first day, you travel through Cai Be focuses more on one region and its more or less hidden corners. The trip also includes a visit to the most amazing floating markets of the Mekong delta, the floating markets where hundreds of boats of all sizes fill the river trading in agricultural goods of all kinds.
- Cruise along the rivers maze of canals for a taste of the lush and lively culture
- Visit colorful floating markets on the banks of the Mekong
- Explore the border town of Chau Doc and surrounding areas before entering Cambodia
- Visit the authentic local villages in Vietnam and Cambodia
- Dine the best Vietnamese, Khmer and international cuisine
Itinerary in brief:
HCMC – Cai Be - Can Tho
Can Tho – Chau Doc
Chau Doc – Speed boat to Phnom Penh
Data not found in this time.
In the morning, you’ll drive to Cai Be. On the way to Cai Be, you can see green rice fields stretching towards the horizon. Upon arrival in Cai Be, we take a sampan (local transport) cruise to visit the Cai Be floating market which is one of the biggest and famous floating markets in Mekong Delta. Next, we walk to visit a coconut candy, a crispy rice cake factory and you might buy coconut candy and hand-made items from coconut trees of Mekong Delta for souvenir. We then visit the Ba Kiet ancient house, where we also have lunch.
After that, we will get the boat for enjoying something difference in An Binh Island. It is famous for fresh fruits the whole year. You have a chance to enjoy the local tropical fruits while listening to the sound of “Southern Vietnamese folk music” performed by the islanders. We then continue our drive to Can Tho, where we check-in at our hotel. In the evening you will have dinner and time to explore the area by yourself. Overnight stayed in Can Tho.
Accommodation : In Can Tho
Meals : Lunch
After breakfast at hotel, you will depart Can Tho for Chau Doc with an en route visit by boat to the Bang Lang stork sanctuary in Thot Not, which offers also the view of the local people’s vivid life on the water. Checks in hotel for relax.
In the afternoon, visit Sam Mountain, Lady Xu Temple, Thoai Ngoc Hau Temple, floating fish farm and boat trip to Champa Village. Overnight stayed in Chau Doc.
Accommodation : In Chau Doc
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch
In the early morning, you are driven to the pier where you embark on a speed boat - traveling time including customs and immigration formalities at border check points takes about 4 hours. The trip ends and you can start for discovering Cambodia and the famed temples of Angkor by yourself
Accommodation : Not available. Standard check out time is 12.00 (noon time)
Meals : Breakfast
Tour price includes
- The services of an experienced English-speaking guide
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver
- Boat rides on the Mekong River and its arroyos, visits
- Speed boat ticket Chau Doc - Phnom Penh
- All entrance fees
- Meals as specified in the program (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner),
- Accommodation in double/twin shared rooms with private bathroom
- Service charges
Tour price excludes
- Hotel accommodation in HCMC
- Transfer in Cambodia
- Beverages, guide gratuities and personal expenses
- Meals not indicated,
- Personal expenses
- Camera fees (if any)
- Peak season surcharge and Christmas and New Year's Eve Dinners.
- We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
From: $400 /pax
From: $799 /pax
From: $350 /pax
- There are 5 people in my group, how will you arrange cabins/hotels for us
- When the low water season in Mekong
- Any cruise crossing border between Laos and Cambodia
- When is the best time to take cruise in Mekong River
- Is it safe to travel on Mekong River?
- It shown up the different cruise to the one I have booked, what'd happened
- Why others on the same cruise paid and get the different services and prices to us