Upstream Mekong to Laos 10 Days
Duration: 10 days 9nights
Tour Type: Private Tour
Destinations: Siem Reap, Angkor, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Kratie, Stung Treng, Khong Island, Pakse, Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang
Our 10-day tour is designed to bring you the wonderful chance to explore the famous destinations of Laos and Cambodia. Laos and Cambodia, located in the mainland of South East Asia, have been known as the lands of diverse unspoiled ethnic lifestyles and traditions as well as the rich ecosystems with beautiful landscapes and pristine nature. The tour will start from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia with natural heritages, Pakse with spectacular waterfalls and end at Luang Prabang, The old town Centre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This promises to bring you experiences in an unforgettable trip.
- Explore some famous heritage sites of Laos and Cambodia
- Have chance to visit floating village, Lao Hoai Ekor Villages and ethnic village where you can see the local life and traditional customs
- Admire some of the greatest waterfalls in Asia
- Memorable time to purchase a lot of things in local market
Itinerary in brief:
Day 1: Siem Reap Arrival (D)
Day 2: Angkor Sightseeing (B, L)
Day 3: Siem Reap – Phnom Penh (B, L)
Day 4: Phnom Penh - Kratie (B, L)
Day 5: Kratie – Stung Treng (B, L)
Day 6: Stung Treng – Khong Island (B, L)
Day 7: Khong Island - Pakse (B, L)
Day 8: Pakse - Vientinane (B, L)
Day 9: Vientiane – Vang Vieng (B, L)
Day 10: Vang Vieng - Luang Prabang (B)
Data not found in this time.
On arrival at Siem Reap Airport, directly transfer to visit The Southern Gate of Angkor Thom, famous Bayon Complex, Phimean Akas Temple, Elephant Terrace and the Leper King Terrace. Return to check–in at the hotel.
In the afternoon visit Taprohm, and the World Wonder of Angkor Wat Temple then watch sunset from Phnom Bakheng Hill. Diner served at a local restaurant. Overnight stayed in Siem Reap.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Siem Reap
In the morning, visit Pre Rup, Mebon, Tasom, Neak Poan and Preah Khan Temples. Lunch served at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, continue to visit to Thommanun, Chaosay Tevoda Temples, Spean Thma (Ancient Bridge), Gate of Death, Terrace of Sras Srang and Prasat Kravan. Dinner served at a local restaurant. Overnight in Siem Reap.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Siem Reap
After breakfast, transfer to Phnom Penh by our private vehicle, without guide. On arrival, visit Wat Phnom, National Museum and Silver Pagoda. Free at leisure. Overnight stayed in Phnom Penh.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Phnom Penh
After breakfast, take journey by road along National Road #7 to Kratie. Arrive at Kratie around noon time. Have a hotel check–in and lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, visit the 100 column pagoda in Phnom Sambok district. On the way back, observe the rare Irrawaddy fresh water dolphins at Kampi (by chance only). Overnight stayed in Kratie.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Kratie
In the early morning, transfer to a speed boat dock for departure to Stung Treng. Arrive at the province, check in the hotel. Take a drive to Thalaborivat to visit Pre–Angkorian period temples. Thereafter tour the city on foot. Overnight stayed in Stung Streng.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Stung Treng
Transfer by road to the Cambodia–Laos border check point of Verntkham. After visa formality, visit Khone Phapheng, Si Phan Done, Lipi Waterfalls and Ban Khone fisherman village. Overnight stayed at Khong Island.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Khong Island
Travel by traditional local slow boat to Champassak. Visit the ruins of Wat Phu, which is well known to be the most important Hindu sanctuary of the Khmer Empire between 9th – 13th centuries. Here is also a chance to visit some nearby Khmer temples and Buddhist shrines. Continue by road to Pakse. Overnight stayed in Pakse.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Pakse
Free to explore the charming town of Pakse. Then, transfer to airport for departure flight to Vientiane QV512 PKZ VTE 12:40 13:55 . Take visits to The National Museum, First President Khaisone Museum, Fresh Market of Thongkhankham, and the rest of the day is free at leisure. Overnight stayed in Vientiane.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Vientiane
Cruise along the charming mountain roads, seeing the local lifestyle on the way. Visit the 16th Century Mone Khmer Buddha at Vang Xang and visit Lao traditional village and visit the Tham Jang caves. Overnight stayed in Vang Vieng.
Accommodation: A local hotel in Vang Vieng
Continue by road to the world heritage town of Luang Prabang. Upon arrival in Luang Prabang, the trip ends.
Tour price includes
- Private Transportation
- Accommodation in twin shared
- Local English speaking guide
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- Boat trip as mention in the program
- Meals: Daily breakfast
- Gov’t tax and service charge
Tour price excludes
- Visa stamping fee on arrival
- Int’l airport departure tax
- Int’l air tickets to / from Laos, Cambodia
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Meals:(lunch or dinner, quoted separately)
- Single room (quoted separately)
- Additional tour require beside above sights
- Tip, drinks, personal expenses and others
- There are 5 people in my group, how will you arrange cabins/hotels for us
- When the low water season in Mekong
- Any cruise crossing border between Laos and Cambodia
- When is the best time to take cruise in Mekong River
- Is it safe to travel on Mekong River?
- It shown up the different cruise to the one I have booked, what'd happened
- Why others on the same cruise paid and get the different services and prices to us